Locating a company
1. Contact Frankfurt Economic Development GmbH soon
- We help speeding up the company foundation process.
- We provide you an overview of company establishment.
- We help you through the entire process.
- Upon request, we can get you in contact with professional lawyer, notary, tax adviser, bank or experts for the specific sector or industry in which you plan to operate.
- Our services and advice are free of charge.
2a. in your home country
Please prepare all relevant documents which may support your application of setting up company in Frankfurt am Main. You are advised to fill in the company inquiry form and to prepare your company profile, business plan, references and financial forecasts.
Make an appointment with us.
Apply business visa at German embassy or consulate. You may be required to submit an invitation letter and the proof of health insurance which is valid in Germany.
2b. in Frankfurt
- Meet Frankfurt Economic Development GmbH (Wirtschaftsförderung Frankfurt GmbH)
- Discuss your business concept and check the necessary documents with us.
- Check legal and tax requirements. If necessary, please consult experts, such as a lawyer or tax adviser etc.
- Gather information about the property market. Specify your office requirements (Real estate inquiry form). Upon request, we may arrange visits to industrial or commercial premises in Frankfurt am Main.
3. Application for a residence permit
After returning to your home country and having prepared the necessary documents, you may apply the German residence permit (download: Visa application). The application should be submitted to German embassy or consulate in your home country.
We also recommend that you send copies of the documents to us at the same time, so that we can help speed up the process.
4. Formation of a company in Germany
Once your visa application is approved, you can come to Germany and form your company.
- If necessary, check the documents required for the company’s establishment with us.
- Select the legal form of the company and have the company’s articles of association drafted by a lawyer.
- Choose a business location. Sign the lease for the premises.
- Open a business account and deposit registered capital.
- Have the documents related to company’s establishment notarised and apply for the entry in the Commercial Register.
- Trade registration (download: Trade register)
- Register place of residence at the local civil office (Bürgeramt) in Frankfurt and get your residence permit from the Immigration Office (Ausländerbehörde) in Frankfurt.
Important contacts for you
Immigration Office -Ausländerbehörde
D -60326 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 212-42485, +49 69 212-44422
Fax: +49 69 212-42216
Trade Register -Gewerberegister
D -60326 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 212-32999, +49 69 212-38309
Fax: +49 69 212-32969
Frankfurt Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Industrie-und Handelskammer Frankfurt am Main
D -60313 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 2197-0
Fax: +49 69 2197-1424